School of Natural Sciences Advising

Find Academic Forms, Registration Tutorials, and Answers to Common Advising and Registration Questions

Prepare early for registration day

Students must meet with their assigned advisor to receive an alternate pin for registration. This should be done before registration day. An alternate pin is a semester specific code that allows students to access the add/drop courses section in MyHilltop. Without a pin, students will not be able to register for courses. Use this page to find answers to academic and registration questions.  If you need help, please contact Michael Lykaios-Guerrero at

How to prepare for advising

Students are required to complete a plan before an advising meeting. Use Degree Works to create a rough draft under “plans.” Your advisor will be able to view your plan in Degree Works to help finalize plans. Click this link for instructions on how to use Degree Works.  2019 - 2020 Degree Plan Sheets are below for your reference. Forms are only available to the SEU community and people with access to Box Secure File Sharing. Prospective students having trouble accessing any information may email or call Michael Lykaios-Guerrero for help. Attached here is a copy of the Undergraduate Bulletin

How to make an appointment

The advising office is in the John Brooks Williams North Science Building (JBWN) office number 131.  Students not enrolled in SEU may park in the visitor parking lot near JBWN.  Attached is a campus map and directions to St. Edward's University. We have an open door policy, which means that if you see the door to JBWN 131 open please come in for help!  Students needing to schedule an appointment may email Michael L. Guerrero at Academic Counseling and Support Programs conducts freshmen advising. To schedule an appointment please call 512-448-8660.


How to take a course off campus

Click this link for the transfer of credit equivalency guide. If your course does not appear in the pre-approved course listing, then submit a syllabus to for approval. Students are required to submit a Request to Take a Course Off Campus form before you take the course.  Please read the transfer of credit guide carefully.  Courses taken without an RTCOC form may not be granted credit.

Course Registration and Tutorials

Click this link for tutorial videos and useful course registration links

Students can register using Banner 9 or through MyHilltop Adding/Dropping Courses in SSB. 

Answers to common questions and copies of academic forms

Where can I find academic forms?

 Click here to download forms from the Office of the Registrar's page.  You will find all the forms you need for advising and registration on the Registrar's page. Please make sure the documents are completely filled out. Once completed, please submit them to Michael Lykaios Guerrero or Dr. Edward Early in JBWS 168

Q. Who is my Financial Aid Advisor?

A. Please follow this link for Student Financial Services website. This page contains undergraduate SFS information, please look on your student information tab in MyHilltop for the name of your SFS advisor.

Q. How do I change my major to something other than science?

A. Please contact the School of your desired major. Undeclared majors should contact Academic Counseling and Support  at (512) 448-8660.

View a complete list of majors by school.

Behavioral & Social Science majors:  (512) 448-8550 or
Humanities majors: (512) 448-8620 or
Business majors: (512) 428-1287 or
Education majors: (512) 637-1991 or

Q. I am trying to register for a class but MyHilltop says I need a clearance from the Dean's office?

  • Pre-requisite error means you have not previously taken a required course. First, check your transcript to see if you have taken the course then email with your name and SEU ID if you feel there is a software error. Classes with a Lecture and Lab must be added at the same time or a requisite error will occur
  • Advisor/instructor approval requires you to email with your name and SEU ID. This is needed for research courses. You may notify us to clear you to register during advising if you are planning on taking a course requiring approval
  • If a course is closed please submit an overload request or join the wait list if possible

Wait list and overload instructions

How to Apply to Graduate

  • Click this PDF for detailed instructions. Also, check the dates and deadlines link for the application deadline. All transfer of credit must be submitted to the Office of the Register before you can be certified to graduate. You must have a request to take a course off campus form on file to receive credit. RTCOC's can be found under forms.