Maintaining high academic standards
St. Edward’s University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees.
SACSCOC is the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states. It serves as the common denominator of shared values and practices among diverse institutions in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Latin America and other international sites approved by the commission that award associate, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degrees.
The Bachelor of Arts in Social Work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
The MAC (Master of Arts in Counseling) program is accredited by CACREP.
Additionally, the university is a member of major professional organizations, including the following:
- Council for Adult and Experiential Learning
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Texas
- National Association of College Admission Counselors
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Texas Association of Colleges of Teacher Education